Duties and Responsibilities
The qualified candidate would be responsible for preparing and facilitating tutoring workshops, collaborative projects, and academic support sessions for groups of students. This role also requires tutor to support and collaborate with the education manager, and mentor coordinator. The academic tutor will also be required to implement the following:
- Organize tutoring environment to promote productivity and learning.
- Identify, develop, and implement a tutoring plan.
- Assess students' progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- Teach students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies.
- Provide instruction to individual or groups of students to improve academic performance
- In collaboration with education manager, maintain records of students' assessment results, progress, feedback on school performance while ensuring confidentiality of all records.
- Review class material with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems, or reviewing worksheets or other assignments.
- Provide feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate, or build confidence in students.
- Communicate students' progress to students, parents or teachers in written progress reports, in person, by phone, or by email.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills and Specifications
- Experience in teaching public speaking, writing, and poetry workshops
- Regular sitting, working at computer keyboard and desk, standing to file miscellaneous documentation in filing cabinet, occasional bending, stooping, and lifting. Onsite and occasional travel as required
- Required Bachelors Degree in English
Phone inquiries are not accepted. To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume.. Please include the position name in the subject line of your submission.