Saint Mary’s School is an independent, Episcopal, college-preparatory, boarding and day school for girls in grades 9–12. The School is the fourth oldest girls’ boarding and day school in the country. The School is located on a beautiful 23-acre campus which is within walking distance to many restaurants and attractions of downtown Raleigh. Raleigh-Durham, NC is ranked as one of the best places to live in the United States by US News & World Report.
Saint Mary’s School is currently searching for an Assistant Director of Athletics to work on our beautiful historic campus. This exceptional location is in the heart of downtown Raleigh in a gated campus with 24/7 security. The Assistant Director of Athletics will be responsible for supporting the athletic program, coaches, and Director of Athletics to ensure that athletics is functioning as a successful program aligned with the school mission and includes support of all summer programs. The position is a twelve-month position reporting to the Director of Athletics during the school year and to the Director of Auxiliary Services and Summer Programs during the summer. The Assistant will proactively support the school, its values, and its leadership.
Primary Responsibilities: School Year Athletics Program (Aug 1 – May 31)
- Provides organizational and administrative support for the athletics program to maintain smooth operations, build confidence in the program and exhibit enthusiasm for sports at Saint Mary’s and the broader community.
- Assist with oversight, administration and organization of the overall Athletic Program to insure a successful, rewarding, and enriching experience for all student-athletes.
- Actively support the athletic program and encourage multi-sport participation.
- Execute administrative functions associated with the athletics program such as scheduling, transportation, event management, equipment, and facilities.
- Schedule game day workers such as announcers and clock operators.
- Coordinate and create communications including the athletic section of the School’s web site, the athletics newsletter, and other athletics information exchange.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Athletics to ensure integrated marketing of the athletics program within the context of the school and to develop effective public relations.
- Enhance website including but not limited to season previews, web articles, recaps, and stories. Update athletic pages on school website, ensuring current information is available to all constituents.
- Provide communication with weekly athletic updates for Saints News.
- Work in conjunction with the Head Athletic Trainer to provide current medical forms to coaches.
- Coordination of schedules and communications for athletic coaches.
- Confirm Saint Mary’s and opponents’ game schedules and officials’ associations.
- Coordinate and assist with necessary game day set-up.
- Collaborate with Director of Athletics and Director of Auxiliary Services and Summer Programs to develop and implement strategic initiatives for school athletics program and summer programs including developing community partnerships.
- Process invoices in line with the athletic department budget, business office and departmental procedures, including receipts, coding, and monitoring expenses.
- Support athletic facility rentals working closely with the Director of Auxiliary Services and Summer Programs.
- Process personnel paperwork related to athletics seasonal staffing with the approval of the Director of Athletics and in coordination with the business office.
- Organize, plan and manage award ceremonies and seasonal banquets in collaboration with Director of Athletics and Student Life department.
- Maintain results of athletic contests, team records, and individual accomplishments.
- Assist in the management of home athletic contests.
- Assist with opening and closing of athletics seasons including uniform inventory and preseason planning.
- Preparation and assistance for the virtual summer training program from coaches including communication, prep for tryouts, coordinating requirement for physicals, providing coaches with information, confirming scheduling and referees for the upcoming school year.
Primary Responsibilities: Summer Programs (June 1- July 31)
- Assist with launch of summer programs under the direction of Director of Auxiliary Services and Summer Programs.
- Provide administrative and operational support to summer programs including but not limited to assistance with paperwork for onboarding counselors and camp directors; assistance with training counselors for summer programs; assist with registration and check-in for camp programs.
- Serve as camp counselor, camp director and/or provide summer program assistance as needed.
- Oversee residential facility rentals, gym facility rentals and other rentals as needed during the summer, including Marlins of Raleigh for the pool, AAU basketball teams in the gym, Dynasty Goalkeeping, and Royal School of church Music.
- Perform other duties as necessary or as assigned.
- Performs weekend and night responsibilities to support the life of the residential community and the academic program as required by your position or requested by your manager/supervisor.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee in this position. Employees are required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by those authorize to give instructions or assignments.
Saint Mary’s School is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation and excellent benefit package. We cannot respond to every applicant regarding the status of his or her application. Only those whose qualifications most closely meet our requirements will be contacted.
Saint Mary’s School is a drug-free workplace. A background check satisfactory to the school is required.