| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist instructors in the classroom and be available to students of the assigned courses as a tutor
- Capability of assisting in classes spanning all three major sub-disciplines of Anthropology
- Grading exams and papers, conducting review sessions, advising students
- Master's degree in Anthropology
- One or more years of prior teaching or graduate teaching assistant experience in a college or university environment
- Familiarity with MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- One-time attendance at the summer teaching assistant orientation hosted by the Teaching Center is required.
- Ph.D. in Anthropology from a three-or four field department.
- Three or more years of teaching or teaching assistance experience in a college or university.
- Preference will be given to applicants specializing in archaeology or biological anthropology.
The hiring range for this position is $16.47 - $21.00 per hour.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. This position is a 10-month full-time staff position for one academic year with potential for renewal for successive years.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Anthropology in the School of Arts & Sciences at the Danforth Campus.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.